May 20th is National Rescue Dog Day! According to the ASPCA, over 3 million dogs enter shelters each year. All of these sweet pups just want to find love and a forever home. Unfortunately, many never get the chance. So The Dog Barkery and Marley’s Mutts Dog Rescue have teamed up with a great way to treat your special pup and help countless other rescue dogs just waiting to find that special someone.
Your dog will love these freshly baked, hand-decorated cookies, celebrating rescue dogs everywhere. They’re loaded with yummy peanut butter and other natural ingredients your dog will sit, roll over and beg for!
And here’s where this sweet deal gets even sweeter…when you purchase an order of “Rescue Cookies,” 50% of the profits will be donated to Marley’s Mutts Dog Rescue, a non-profit organization that rescues, rehabilitates, trains and re-homes death row dogs.
These tasty treats are available in half dozen or baker’s dozen. They also make a great gift for the fellow dog lovers in your life. So send a sweet message along with some sweet treats. Adopt! Rescue! Love!
Other Great Ideas For Celebrating National Rescue Dog Day!
Don’t stop with Rescue Cookies. Here are 5 great ways to celebrate rescue dogs everywhere:
- Be a Foster – There are countless rescue pups that have needs that need to be met prior to being ready for adoption. This includes medical care, rehabilitation and training. Even if you can only help one dog, imagine the difference you would make in that loving dog’s life.
- Adopt – Maybe you’re looking to expand your pack or just happen to have the ability to care for another beautiful dog. Consider adopting a rescue dog from a local shelter.
- Volunteer – Local shelters are always looking for people to help out with dog walking, grooming and just giving dogs added attention that they need.
- Donate – Call your local shelter and find out what they need. You’d be surprised. Toys, treats, blankets, leashes and cleaning supplies are just some of the things they might be looking for. Monetary donations are always appreciated, as well. And remember, with every purchase on iHeartDogs.com, we donate meals to shelter dogs in need.
- Promote spaying and neutering dogs – with so many dogs in shelters across the globe, we need to do all we can to help limit overpopulation.
So celebrate this wonderful day with us! Share a rescue story or a photo of your rescue dog and use #NationalRescueDogDay.
The post Celebrate National Rescue Dog Day – Send A Message With These Sweet Treats appeared first on iHeartDogs.com.