Apple Cider Vinegar for Cats – Yay or Nay?
ACV has enzymes plus gut-friendly bacteria for the win!
With its enzymes, important vitamins and minerals, and gut-friendly bacteria, all-natural Apple Cider Vinegar for cats, or ACV, can be a powerful holistic healing tool, promoting your pet’s digestion, repelling parasites, and even breaking up bladder crystals.
Want to give it a try? First, make sure you’re using the right vinegar. Be sure to use organic, unpasteurized (raw), unfiltered, naturally fermented ACV, like Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. Look for the sediment in the bottom called “the mother” and you’ll know you’ve got the right stuff. Do not buy white distilled vinegar, as it has none of the beneficial elements of ACV.
- How ACV can benefit cats:
- Boosts the immune system.
- Improves skin and coat health (i.e. hotspots, dander, itchiness, fleas).
- Fights urinary tract infections.
- Thought to help with bladder and kidney stones, metabolism, and candida (aka yeast), among other conditions.
ACV Dosage + Delivery:
Add ACV to your cat’s food:
Combine 1/4 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 teaspoon of chicken broth or tuna water and mix it into your cat’s wet food.
Add ACV to your cat’s water:
Add 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to about a cup of your cat’s drinking water