The kitty in the video above is pretty clever. This smart feline has figured out how to open the door for all the Yorkshire Terrier buddies waiting to come inside!
The cat leaps up, grabs the handle, and kicks with the hind paws to pull the door open. A happy herd of Yorkie puppies then charges in, with a hesitant pooch bringing up the rear. Pretty impressive!
The absolutely adorable video may have you wondering if you should adopt a dog so your kitty has a playmate to open doors for. But before you do that, make sure you know how to introduce a dog to your resident feline. Here’s how!
Tips For Introducing A New Dog To Your Resident Cat
CatTime has an extensive article with steps to introduce a new dog to your cat, and you can find the full article here.
But if you just want the highlights, here’s a rundown of tips to make the intro go smoothly:
- Make sure your cat can get away if they need to. Don’t force your cat to spend time with the new dog right away.
- Place the pets’ beds, bowls, and other belongings in separate spaces.
- Get them used to each other’s scent. Place a cloth from each pet near the other’s bowl or bed.
- Let them investigate each other’s living area. Let your cat visit your dog’s space when the dog isn’t around, and vice versa.
- Introduce them through a baby gate or door. This will let them feel each other out without conflict.
- Make the full introduction with the dog on a leash. Make sure you’re training your dog to stay calm, and do not restrain your cat.
Does your cat have any doggy friends? Have they figured out how to open your door to let the pups inside? Let us know in the comments below!
Click the bold links in the article to shop for your cat and support our content!
The post Paw-mazing Pets: Watch This Smart Cat Open The Door To Let Puppy Buddies Inside! [VIDEO] appeared first on CatTime.