No one wants to have a wedding crasher show up on their special day — well, unless that wedding crasher is an adorable kitten! Watch in the video above as the little cat climbs on the bride’s wedding dress for a trip down the aisle!
The long, flowing dress looks like a perfect toy for the kitten to attack. Hopefully the little kitty had a nice ride and made the bride’s wedding even more memorable.
While the video above is absolutely adorable, all cat lovers should know what to do if they come across kittens outside. Here are a few things you should do if you happen to spot stray or abandoned kittens outdoors.
What To Do If You Find Kittens
While your first instinct might be to scoop up any wild kittens and bring them home, there are a few things you should do instead for their safety and yours.
- First, do not rush the kittens to a shelter right away. Instead, contact a rescue group or shelter for further help and advice. Kittens under four weeks old have a much better chance with their mother, and taking them away might do more harm than good.
- Observe from a distance and wait for the mama cat to come back unless the cats are in immediate danger. Mom should return in three to four hours so long as she doesn’t sense threats nearby.
- Kittens should stay with their moms until they are eating solid foods, which should be when they’re about five to six weeks of age. At that point, you may need to capture mom and the kittens to take them to a shelter together, or you can contact a rescue group to assist.
- If the mama cat does not return, call a local veterinarian for help. You may need to keep the kittens warm.
- Keep in mind that kittens without their mom will need to be bottle fed. They also won’t be able to go potty by themselves at a very young age, so you’ll need to rub under their tails with a warm washcloth. Again, it is best to consult a vet or rescue group if you don’t have experience caring for very young kittens.
Has a stray cat ever crashed your special event? What would you do if a kitten showed up at your wedding? Let us know in the comments below!
The post Fur Laughs: Cat Takes A Ride Down The Aisle On Bride’s Wedding Dress [VIDEO] appeared first on CatTime.